Typologies



















Comments

  1. I am drawn more to the top two typologies. The stems on the clovers have so much character to them, the way they bring you around the frame and move into each others spaces is refreshing. In the cabbage one I am drawn to the lighting, seeing the light around the edges making a vignettes looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your ideas! I like how you chose to photograph the life span on the cabbage. I think that could be a really interesting thing to continue with. I also love the ink splatters - it's a very unique take on typology and I want to see more! I definitely think you should focus on one specific idea and grow on it. I think you could do a lot with the life cycle of different plants, vegetables, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very intriguing ideas. I think my favorite one is the cabbage for the way they look squished against the scanner. Even though they're flat, they have some sort of dimension to them. The ink blots are definitely cool; they look like little cells. I would definitely like to see more of these. I'm also wondering if they were done by different people or by the same person?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the delicate clovers and how much white negative space surrounds them, and the scale of the cabbage photos. I like the idea of the droplets/splatters as well, the middle column is the most interesting to me since it has the most variation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a great sense of scale for these specimens, an illusion to the cabbage reads like brussel sprouts. Think of making more scans of leaf vegetables. Each page should be printed out as is, nothing should change here. But I would suggest doing many of these, 20 different specimens. Quantity and scale will be an important factor. Wonderful start, what is your direction with the ink blots?

    ReplyDelete
  6. the first typology and the bottom one are create an interesting diptych, the subject being the same size, in a way they resemble each other. however i think the cabbage was a really interesting subject that might have otherwise been looked over. i know you struggled with a few differ scanning techniques i think the one you chose was very successful but i would like to see them scanned as negatives as well to see a comparison. i like how you don't have boarders between your subjects! these are all really cool, the bottom one reminds me of a psych experiment and the top two remind me of Saint Patricks day lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find the arrangement of the clovers and the ink blots to be really interesting. I feel like there is a sensation of energy coming from the ink blots especially and when I flip back and fourth between the two I start to see that in the clovers, but more compressed. I get the same sensation from the cabbage leaves, although they don't feel as (and I am only using this because I am lacking a better term for it) erratic as the blots below them. The cabbage leaves are more organized and feel a little more controlled.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the first typology because it just goes to show that not all clovers are all the same and it really makes my eyes move all around the page. I really like how you broke the cabbage down so it wasn't just a whole cabbage. From flat leaves to the curled up ones and how the light hits the edges. I'm not really sure what the last typology is supposed to be but it looks like I am looking at something under a microscope.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts